Thursday, April 19, 2007

Perfect

I love music. I hope you do too.

I don't often hear a song that I really connect with; the music industry sure is pumping out a lot of junk here recently. However, there's this song that I can't stop listening to. It's called "Homebird," and it's sung by Foy Vance. Have you heard it? It's perfect. Seriously, I cannot think how you'd improve it. It makes me stop. Stop and listen.

It digs into my heart and lights me up and I feel it all over. It makes me warm and gives me chills and it feels like a memory of a place I've never been. Sometimes it brings the tears to my eyes, as good music tends to do.

So as I sit here at my desk, the tears burning my cheeks, I thank God for music. And I cannot help but be angry at Him. Why did you give me this love but not the talent to match? Selfish. Selfish.

1 Comments:

Blogger cr said...

Ooooo, burn! I sure do know that selfishness. And you have a lot more talent there than I do! Yeah, I've gotten mad at God for that one before, too. Just not fair.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home